8.11.2008

~Peaceful~

A Peaceful day away...BEAUTIFUL and only minutes from a small town. My Mom and Dad use to take us here, when I was just a little girl. I didn't know that until last year. My husband and the kids went their with his family members, earlier this summer....
I went with this time, yesterday...all day long. It was so pretty, so peaceful and was just the perfect day for it. We went down the river...
Further back, a beautiful waterfall. I could not get back there thou. But is is there. Where I took all these pictures, this area is normally filled with more water bu 2 to 3 feet. It was about 2 weeks ago...
The sand is the finest, softest sand I have ever had my feet touch. Natures music was all around. My sister, her husband and son were with us. We had some good conversations. We both talked how it was just the perfect day and how we didn't have a worry in the world. Close to a town, but yet you didn't hear any of that and we were totally surrounded in this area by trees, water, sky and sand...
An area from the waterfall that I thought was just pretty...it slowly traveled down from that path that I had previously pictured...
Such a pretty piece of driftwood. It lays there untouched by man. This place felt almost like a little piece of earth, that noone knows about...
And here are some of the river rats. They had so much fun and it was the first time my brother in law and nephew had gone down a river...
Jordan and my nephew after they just finished going down the river. It takes about an hour. Just so neat. I filled my whole memory card up...all I know, is I need a larger memory card.
Courtney enjoying the peace and quiet, along with natures music. I tell ya, words can not express how beautiful, peaceful and perfect his area is...
And my Little Miss Sydney being a ham. She is so sweet. We tried to make a castle, but we didn't get very far...
The end to a perfect day. I just thought I would take you on our trip with me...
Peaceful Blessings to you and yours, ~Tonya

5 comments:

Jenny Carter said...

Tubin down a river...that bring back memories. We went tubing down niagra when we were 19 years old...fun!!

Tammy said...

What a beautiful place. I know y'all had a great time. It sure looks like everyone had a wonderful time. Thank you for sharing. Great picutres.

softinthehead said...

I sure miss those days when the kids were young and free and we had family outings! Now any family outing would consist of me traveling thousands of miles to foreign country and only having part of my family there. I guess one never knows where your children's lives will go or lead them!

Thank you so much for your comments on my blog...I could NEVER be tired of hearing from you! Pam

Shay said...

Tonya~
Oh how fun! Your kiddos looked like they just had the best time! What a serene place too. I remember the days we would tube down Crystal River in Florida with my parents. It was just so beautiful, back then the manatee's could even swim next to you! It's amazing the beautiful places that are around! Thanks for sharing the pictures, they were just wonderful!

Janelle Willis Hurt said...

Oh that looks so beautiful and peaceful Tonya! Thanks for sharing that with us all...
I, like Shay have been down the Crystal River and Rainbow River in FL, and have such fond memories of the good ole days of slowly tubing down with friends...

Janelle