11.12.2007

Not Forgotten...

Thank you, to those that serve our Country and to those that have served out Country. The Sacrifices that each of them have made, does not and has not go unnoticed. May God Bless each and every one of you!

My Son, "The BIG Hunter" got a deer yesterday! We took him for his gun training this year (I cringed at the thought of it). We bought him a gun, he had to "earn" it. He had to help Dad with the tear-off and replacement of our roof. He was very ambitious and did a good job. He worked hard! I feel that if you "hand" things to your children, they do not learn the value of a dollar....but if you have them "earn" things, they will take better care of said item and not "expect" everything to be handed to them.

Now don't get me wrong, I do not make my children earn every little thing, but something like a gun, I feel should be "respected". I was never "handed" everything when I was growing up and I feel that I am a better person for it. I want my children to understand that money does not grow on trees and that everything is not handed to them on a silver platter.

Back to the BIG hunter Jordan, he was so very PROUD! He called me on the cell, whispering....they were still hunting in the woods, but he was so happy and he just had to tell me. Of course, my "nature lover instincts" kicked in and I said, "Didn't you feel sad".......he said "A little bit". He is still hunting today and is taking 2 days off of school to finish up the season. I asked him, "Since you got a deer, are you going to school tomorrow?" He said, No, I still have tags to fill. Boy, how fast they learn! We bought him an All Season's pass. My little boy is growing up so fast...Enjoy your Veteran's Day. Peaceful Blessings to each of you....~Tonya

1 comment:

PEA said...

Oh looks wonderful hon, I love it!! But how did you do that on your home page on your site? With the whirling snowflakes? You must tell me how to do that. LOVE IT!!
I posted in my blog- ya brat!LOL
Just kidding my sweets. I will pass on your thanks to my military men. I know they will appreciate it.
Okay go to look at my ebay and back to work. Got a dolly fighting me. The one we discussed the other day.
hugs,Pea