2.02.2009

~Hubby thinks he FUNNY!!

Just to bring you up to speed....I do cut hair (normally only a boy-ish style cut or a trim). I normally cut my Hubby's, my son's, my Mom's hair and the ocassional trim to my own hair. Any who, hubby does not normally like to wait for me to "find time" to cut his hair, so last time he went to "Great Clips". They did a nice job and well....we recently seen a coupon in the paper (after all, who doesn't like to save money), he was going to get his haircut on Saturday.

In the meantime, my son had been asking me for a couple of weeks, to cut his hair. I told him, this weekend....well that was about 2 to 3 weeks ago. Remember hubby went to get his haircut on Saturday (with the coupon), there was too long of a line...he said he was not going to wait. He said there was about an hour and a half wait. He ended up without a haircut that day. So, lastnight I was cutting Jordan's hair. I told him I would! See, cutting hair is not my favorite, it cramps my hands at times.

While cutting Jordan's hair, hubby walks up to me and pulls his coupon and money out and says..."Say Ma'am, I heard that you take competitors coupons and I was wondering if I could get my haircut...I will give you a tip and all?" "I said, well it is going to be an awful long wait." He says, How long? I said about an hour and a half and then busted out laughing! So, hubby thinks he is PRETTY SMART! It was cute and ya just had to be there. He had the most serious look on his face and said it all without laughing. In the end, he did get his hair cut and I didn't get a tip. *smirk*

Any who, long story I know. But I just had to share. We had a BEAUTIFUL weekend here. It was above freezing and we did have some melting. I don't even know if the groundhog seen his shadow or not. All I know is that I am READY FOR SPRING! I must get to work. I am working on a sweet little dollie. Have a SWEET MONDAY! Toodles, ~Tonya

11 comments:

Unknown said...

HAHA...Same here I used to cut hair and I stopped from carpal tunnel..so my family always bugs...but really its more annoying...lol I always put it put it off...my husband tells everyone as soon as the beautician comes back from vacation maybe she will squeeze us in....I always laugh and say maybe will have to check the appt book....

Smiles,

Sonia ;)

Monkey-Cats Studio said...

You accept competitors coupons?!...you are a darling!! I laughed my way through the post. Thank you for helping Annie out on Friday night.
Have a great week!
Laurie

Denni said...

The great clips here takes forever too. My kids and hubby go there and Sat.'s are awful. That is cool that you can cut hair. I think that would be my dream job is to work in a beauty shop. Hope you enjoy the day

The Feathered Nest said...

OMYGOODNESS Tonya!! That is so cute!! I'm the same way, and have been cutting every one's hair forever...with five son's and a husband that's a LOT of haircuts but finally I've been letting them go to Great Clips too! Have a great week :) xxoo, Dawn

basketsnprims said...

Tonya,
Too, too funny. I used to cut Simon's hair but thankfully our daughter went to beauty school. Now she does his & mine. He doesn't have to wait anymore. Have a great day.

Pam

Flora said...

AHAHA that is too funny!!!!!! I'd do it just for the perks??!!! If I knew how!!!
blessings,Flora

PEA said...

ROFLOL, Oh isn't he a smarty pants! Men can be such cards sometimes. I cut the boys hair when they were little and give myself a little tiny trim now and then. K.t. tries to get to cut hers but I don't like to. It does hurt the hands a bit. Well I would tell him next time you are gonna shave his sideways. No tip! LOL
Have a good one my friend.
Hugs,pea

Cathy ~ Tadpoles and Teacups said...

Fun story!
Have a great week, too.

~dani~ said...

too cute~ "Hubsters" can be cute (when they are not leaving there crapola all over the house..lol)
OMG, it is official..I am old. I just complained about the hubster leaving his crap lying around...shoot me!

Country*Road*Primitives said...

lol :) cute story Tonya ~ xox

Anonymous said...

WEll, I haven't got very far have I looking for the house pics.. LOL!!! Hysterical! I love it! A man that makes you laugh is a good man indeed I always say!! Hugs sweets.. Okay, I am really off to find the other pics... MO