4.16.2009

So many random thoughts...

My days lately have been filled with so many random thoughts. I can not focus. I have been soul searching. I have been doing a lot of day.dreaming. The wonders of life. The passions in ones life. The paths not taken. The path taken to where I am today. The what if's. Where do I want to be. How can I get there. I am taking.it.all.in. Where to begin. Where to grow, yes I said GROW. I want to grow as a person. I want to just be. Be content in my skin.

I am beginning to change focus.....on what you may ask? Life in general. Take more time to do the things I should. I often get lost in my work......well with things being slow, it has given me time to "re-group" and have many random thoughts. Where my random thoughts will take me, I just don't know. I know I don't want another year of just rolling with the punches. I almost feel as if I am trying to fit a round peg, in a square hole....

I could go on......but I won't. My little Ninny was sick with the flu last night and today (Wednesday). She was doing better by nightfall, we shall see if she will go to school in the morning. Other then finishing up a special order for Jenny, nothing much else....I should have done with Jenny's dollie a long time ago.....Thank you for your patience, Jenny. I sure do appreciate it.

I must scoot....I must get to bed. I wish each of you a beautiful day. The weather here has been absolutely BEAUTIFUL. Blessings, ~Tonya

11 comments:

Christine said...

Well, I hope where ever your thoughts lead you, they don't lead you away from your beautiful talent of crafting! I've been thinking of the 'what ifs' too-I think it may be the time of year...new season, new feelings of awakening. Just do what you love!

Jenny Carter said...

Hey Hon.

I can relate to that day dreaming, unfortunately. Although, since I started my own projects for fun, I have had less time with that. If I were trying to sell something, it would be another story. If we could all just have than million dollar idea, right? I hope you find what your looking for and that things start to go well for you.

Luckily I have a lot of dolls to keep me company and WE are waiting patiently for our new friend. heehee. She will be welcomed and cherished.

Big hugs to you.

Jenny

Heidi said...

You are not alone in your thoughts. The "what if" game is something I think people in our age bracket do a lot of. Spring in the air doesn't lend itself to buckling down and being focused much either.

Jenny Carter said...

I am having a fun giveaway,come see! Cheers!

Unknown said...

Hi Tonya,

This past year I too was searching for answers for alot of questions...age, health, death, and life...I fully understand about the slowness, lack of focus, and day dreaming. I was there this past year. Give a holla if you need a friend....

Smiles,
Sonia ;)

Crowing About Primitives said...

Hello Tonya... I was on your blog and read your newest post. I to have been lost and trying to find my way. I have a special gift coming to you that should give you a great job off point to find your way. Please let me know when you gift reaches you... I hope you enjoy this as I sure have.. Hugs Ann

HowlingMoonDesigns said...

Hi Tonya..I popped over to say "Hi", and I haven't seen you around lately..Now I understand why..I did this same kind of soul searching, self study..when I was in my late 30's, aproaching 40..
I think most women go thru this, trying to prioritize our lives, feelings, and our "purpose" in general..I am now in my 50's and I still revist these issues from time to time :)...
It will all come you, and once it does..you'll have that sense of peace in your life..
Hugs...
Candy

Tallowberry Primitives and FolkArt said...

Hi Tonya, I think all of us who create can relate to your way of thinking. The interest is just not there and what's the use of putting so much time and energy into a creation that will sell for a fraction of what it would have sold for not that long ago. I find it very frustrating, on one hand I want to make things and on the other it's "Why"? when they just don't bring the bids they used to.

I truly don't know what the answer is. I wonder when the economy eases if things will go back like they were or if people will have moved on to something else. There's so much uncertainty in what we do.

I just pray things will improve and sooner rather than later. Til then I don't know the answer.

I hope all your soul-searching leads you in a direction you'll be happy with.

~Diane

PEA said...

Tonya,
I do hope you find what you are looking for. I hope you don't outgrow your wonderful dollies. Would be such a shame.
remember either way you have friends who care and will help you if they can.
Hugs,Pea

kaniki's said...

Hi Tonya!! Wow- looks like there has been a lot of this going on... I too have gotten "stuck" if you will- pondering- re-looking- re-grouping etc... Either it is Spring- or what- I do not know either.. But- one thing I learned is to just accept it- and go with what comes to you and your heart!!

Wishing you the most creative thoughts- and blessings to come your way!!

Niki
Kaniki's Prims & Whims...

Stacey said...

Ohhhh I've been there . . . for much too long myself. I have dreams that I long to have happen, and attempt to take steps in the right direction . . but have a feeling it could take several years before things come together, when I'd rather it be now. The timing isn't right though, I do know that.

One day at a time. Be happy! ~Stacey