12.08.2009

A bit WORRIED...

Today we are suppose to get some really bad weather moving in...a BLIZZARD Warning is already sitting atop of us and they have told us, you normally do not see it this far ahead. Where we are located, we are sitting right in the EYE OF THE STORM. That is not the only reason I am worried...

My middle child, Courtney is off to Minneapolis to a theate/play, for a School field trip. The play is at 10:30 am, but the news report says if you have anything to do, get it done and get home!! It is suppose to start snowing and then all this wind is going to kick up and it is going to be terrible. There is a weird haze outside and it is pretty cold -- eerie feeling out there! My biggest fear is....they get stuck on a bus or they get home late, too late for me to try to go and get her in town, at school.

Last year, one day before my kids left for school...I must have said it at least 10 times, I don't think you guys should go to school. Well, that day they were released a bit early (too late in my eyes) and it took the bus over 2 hours to get home. They almost hit the ditch a couple of times, white out conditions and such high winds, I was so scared the whole almost 3 hours I sat down at the end of my driveway waiting for them. I could not see 2 inches in front of me and all my van did was shake. I was scared. They were scared and I thanked God, the minute I seen the bus.

I know I am probably just being a Mom, but something is just not sitting well in my stomach. I just called the school and they said, they have they have taken everything into consideration and that the storm is not going to start until late today and they should be back before then. I heard around NOON, the wind is going to pick up. We shall see.

I hope Courtney has a nice time and the weather holds out for her to make it back safe! I hope the blizzard isn't as bad as they say. The storm is stretching across Michigan, Wisconsin and Minnesota...with Minnesota (the very southern tip of MN - where I live) is right in the eye, the worst part. I must go. I have lots to do. Peaceful Blessings to you, ~Tonya

11 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Tonya,
I completely understand. I am exactally the same way.
I just wanted you to know, that I said a little prayer for Courtney and school friends after reading your message. I asked for God to watch over them and to bring them home safely before any bad weather sets in.
Try not to worry, I'm sure it will all be okay. I will keep my positive thought going out for her today.
Tam

West Side of Straight said...

Yes, Let's hope the bus gets home before the worse starts. We'll be watching the weather with you. Just got call from daughter in Louisiana and they flooded last night. water in car etc. They had to go stay at neighbors at 1 am when their house heated up and woke them up. I hadn't realized that the rain had been so bad there. Now I'll worry for them too.

Heidi said...

Not a fun feeling when you are sitting there with that pit in your stomach. I do hope evrything goes well for them. I just wanted to make a comment on your lovely picture.

Denni said...

Sending you my thoughts. I would be worried too. We are getting dumped on with snow too but from the pictures I have seen of where you live you guys get it worse than us. Stay safe and warm!!

denise said...

hope your daughter got home ok. i know the feeling. my daughter said kentucky[hopkinsville] was expecting 20-30 mph wind gusts today.and my poor son-in-law is out in the field till friday.[army] poor guy. prim blessins,denise

~Tonya said...

A big Thank you to each of you! Courtney arrived safely back at school and although a lot of school's closed early (not ours), my three children all made it home safely.

Here NOW, a couple of hours ago they have already canceled school and all the way around us. It is so terrible out. The wind, the drifts and the bitter cold....old man winter has reared it's ugly head and it ain't pretty.

I hope you all stay safe. And as for us, we are staying put. Have a good evening.

Blessings,
~Tonya

Anonymous said...

Tonya,
Glad to hear that everyone is home safe and sound!! We are only going to get the high winds from that storm where I live.
Take care,
~Cindy~

Cat Nap Inn Primitives said...

I hope Courtney got home safe and sound..did you get the storm they predicted? stay safe and cozy..;)

Anonymous said...

Good Morning!!! backporchpickins.blogspot.com is one of the most outstanding innovative websites of its kind. I take advantage of reading it every day. backporchpickins.blogspot.com rocks!

HowlingMoonDesigns said...

Hi Tonya!
Glad the Kids got home safely..What a Nightmare for a Mom, and I'd feel the same as you.
Just wanted to Wish you and your Family a Very Happy Holidays!
Hugs,
Candy

Anonymous said...

[url=http://tonoviergates.net/][img]http://sopriventontes.net/img-add/euro2.jpg[/img][/url]
[b]photos shop software, [url=http://tonoviergates.net/]pricing software[/url]
[url=http://sopriventontes.net/]microsoft office standard edition 2003 product key[/url] adobe conference software discount on software for
kaspersky 7 [url=http://sopriventontes.net/]QuarkXPress 8 Retail Price[/url] filemaker pro 5 user
[url=http://tonoviergates.net/]autocad civil 3d[/url] ftp software downloads
[url=http://sopriventontes.net/]office 2007 enterprise hack[/url] why microsoft office enterprise 2007 can't open cd
buy discount software [url=http://tonoviergates.net/]nero 9 disappear[/url][/b]