10.28.2011

To everything there is a season...

As time goes by I am reminded that to everything there is a season and a purpose. Time must be appreciated. Time is so very precious to me but stands still for no one. I am in my second year of college and half way through my third semester. I will graduate in May! I can't help but think of all the time I spend with my nose in the books and completing homework, yet, there is a purpose and I must obtain my goal. I must keep putting one foot in front of the other.

I miss creating and having free time. Free time to just "BE." Be able to spend time with my children without having to worry about what assignment or essay is due. Be able to just rest, if only for a while, without having (what feels like) the weight of the world on my shoulders. I know there are others that are going through the same thing or worse, but I can't help but wonder ~ When will life get easier?

To everything there is a season,
a time for every purpose under the sun.
A time to be born and a time to die;
a time to plant and a time to pluck up that which is planted;
a time to kill and a time to heal ...
a time to weep and a time to laugh;
a time to mourn and a time to dance ...
a time to embrace and a time to refrain from embracing;
a time to lose and a time to seek;
a time to rend and a time to sew;
a time to keep silent and a time to speak;
a time to love and a time to hate;
a time for war and a time for peace.

ecclesiastes 3:1-8

2 comments:

Bittersweet and Ivy said...

Tonya... I really enjoyed reading your post!

Thank you for sharing.
Laura

Hanni said...

My goodness Tonya, I remember your posting when you announced you are going back to school, Where the heck has the time gone and here ouy are announcing your graduation is in May. Wonderful! You did it!